Monday, January 11, 2010

Whoops. Life happened and I fell behind in blog world. My apologies to all those who were hanging on my ever word, eagerly awaiting my next post. ;-) (Just kidding.)

At present I am currently enjoying the last of what was a DELICIOUS batch of turkey chili. Mmm, mmm, mmm. I LOVE turkey chili. And talk about hearty and filling! Here is my shameless plug for Jennie-O turkey products. If you love ground beef, you'll probably love ground turkey more. I don't know what my life would be like without a good turkey product. (Who would have thought of blatant product placement in a blog? Hehee.)

Tomorrow is our (us losers) FIRST competitive weigh-in. I'm excited for it! The first week of our competition went well. I'm pleased with food choices I've made and know my body is too! I've recognized very clearly how my struggle with food and weight-loss most definitely begins in my mind. After a difficult evening get the babes to sleep, a stressful conversation with my husband, or a nagging notion that putting something in my mouth is going to make everything all better... I seem to always turn to food. This week I focused on controlling the bad habit of emotionally eating. I'll admit this will probably always be my "problem area," but I know that with a little planning ahead and "thinking before reaching," it will become less prominent of a problem.

Okay, readers. Next post promises a photo of all 245+lbs of me. As painful as will be... the "after" shot will be that much sweeter if I can take a peek back at the "before" shot. Agreed?

'Til tomorrow...

2 comments: